Eric Dunavant, President
A lack of solid financial foundations shaped my past, but has made me passionate about helping others avoid the financial hardships that I experienced.
Today, our mission is Doing Good for You, so You Can Do Good for Others. That means I strive to help you build your family’s wealth – not just address your short-term goals, but to help preserve your retirement, your children’s inheritance, and further your charitable opportunities.
I view my work at Dunavant Wealth Strategies as a partnership with my wife, Angel. Our beliefs in giving and volunteering guide many of our business decisions.
Education & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- B.S. in Agribusiness, Texas A&M University
Awards & Recognition
- New Orleans Magazine 5 Star Wealth Manager: 2013, 2014 1
- LPL Financial Patriot’s Club: 2012, 2013 2
- Safe Harbor’s Real Man of St. Tammany Parish: 2012
- New Orleans City Business Money Maker: 2011 3
- Peak Advisor Alliance Practice of the Year: 2010 4
- LPL Financial Chairman’s Club: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 5
Community & Professional Affiliations
- Family Wealth Counselor Network
- Stewardship Ministries Counselor
- Financial Planning Association
- Qualified Kingdom Advisor™ Member
- West St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce
- Covington Rotary Club
- St. Paul’s School, Renaissance Board Member and Life Skills Class Coordinator
- St. Tammany Hospital Foundation, Business Leaders Council
- Lone Sheep Ministries, Board of Directors
- Leadership St. Tammany, Class of 2011
- First Baptist Church, Covington, Finance Team
Eric has been featured in a variety of publications, including: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, Daily Finance, New Orleans City Business, The Street and Family Wealth Report
- New Orleans Magazine 5 Star – Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2013 Five Star Wealth Managers.
- LPL Financial Patriot’s club – Based on revenue.
- New Orleans City Business Money Maker – Awarded to financial professionals based on industry and community involvement and achievement through their energy and innovative ideas.
- Peak Advisor Alliance Practice of the Year – Award given to financial firm from among its members that has significantly enhanced its service to clients and shown outstanding growth.
- LPL Financial Chairman’s Club – Based on revenue.